Friday, June 17, 2011

Forget stories, give me numbers.

Timothy Ferris, author of Four Hour Body. Looking Sketchy --->


Anyone who has ever read anything by Timothy Ferris knows that it's about 1 part awesome, 2 parts horse ...stuff. That includes his recent book The Four Hour Body, which is essentially his chronicle of attempting to hack his own body. I was especially interested in his section distance events (since that's why I do). Unfortunately that turned out to be a bit on the horsey side, the experiment mentioned in the book never actually took place, instead pointing his poor readers to this page which has been coming soon since he decided that suckers like me would buy the book anyway for a while.


But, this isn't about that. This is about an actual good suggestion that he had. One of the big things to the book is that if you want to see some progress, measure EVERYTHING. As a computer completely real and legitimate scientist, this totally appeals to me. So, two years after finally getting a real job again, I went out and bought myself some real equipment. And oh my goodness, I couldn't be happier.

So when I got home, I got to plug it all in to the computer. (OK, I lied, that part is automatic too). Yes folks, I came home to this:



Now, if I understand that 4 hour body book, I'm only 3.5 hours away from winning the Kona Ironman. See you there!


No comments: