Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My New Inspiration

As The Girl knows, I've recently become obsessed with a new video. I haven't actually said this out loud, but I think everyone realizes that I see it as a metaphor for my life. If you haven't seen it before, you totally have to check out.... The Race:



I have, in fact, been known to stand up at my computer and start applauding that finish. Of course, that's mostly because that's where I want to be. I'm sure that's where most people want to be. I mean, who hasn't been tripped up, lieing down flat, watching their hopes and dreams fly past them. That's why Heather is so inspirational here.

Heather doesn't give up, in fact, if you watch carefully, she doesn't even slow down. The race starts out super fast with the field closing the first 200 in somewhere around 29 seconds. People lock into their positions, seemingly all fairly OK with where they are in the race. Heather makes a move towards the front and trips, but when she trips, she's running towards a 59 second lap two. The second lap, in other words, was slightly slower than the first for the whole field. She takes 2-3 seconds to get back up (hard to tell, it's off camera) and then starts running again. Heather finishes the last lap in 29 seconds and wins the race.

So basically, what Heather did, is primarily to not slow down. It was a run of faith. She got back up, and ran exactly as fast as she was capable. If the entire rest of the field had run as fast in the last 200 as they had in the first, Heather wouldn't have had a chance. That was totally outside of her control. She simply ran as fast as she could, and it was enough.

More later, but for now, it's time for me to get back to "Running" my own race, which means for now working some more on Bluefire Reader.

No comments: