Saturday, January 27, 2007

Of Fish and Kettles

I just wanted to give two big shout outs today.

The first is to my friend Jordan, who just launched a website for lending things to/from friends. I really wondered how useful this thing would be, but then at the launch party last night, I discovered three different things that my group of friends had and were willing to lend that I'd been wanting to borrow from somebody for months, and I had to just think to myself, "This is cool."

And the second is to my friend Tom who has been systematically gutting things around his house and turning them into aquariums. Normally, this could be considered suspect behaviour (he's from the UK, I gotta spell it that way), but I think the results are actually pretty darn cool. You can find him at adifferentkettleoffish.net

No comments: